Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Slow going

It's been slow going updating the store pages. mainly because I don't want to write shit, but original content is key for this portion of the exercise. It also led me to a revelation. I have too many store pages. My previous theory was the more pages the better, kinda like the big store theory. But in retail sales are tracked per sq ft meaning you've got to make money on every inch to the store in order to pay expenses and make a profit. Well in the case of BANS, you only need a few high traffic "aisles" aka store pages. By optimizing those and getting organic search results it can push your profits upward. Plus it's just a flat out pain in the ass to have to write content for 20some pages. BUT its the path I'm walking. I'll go ahead and finish it today so I can move on to the next phase of the project and that's getting those all important backlinks.

No comments: