Sunday, July 13, 2008

No Store Page Left Behind

Last night I began the arduous task of customizing my store pages at HRS. Why, they weren't optimized and used the same site wide title tags which is a big no no. It's the sign of a thrown together plain jane out of the box BANS that'll make a whopping sum of not much. I did some keyword research and made some interesting discoveries along the way. And these lessons will be with me when I set up my next niche store. It's got to be keyword based on what people are actually searching for, not what I "think" they're searching for.
What I did was pick 3 keywords that were getting a good amount of searches, with avg competition and changed the title and description tags to match them. This took alot longer than I expected and was somewhat tedious, but the good news is, once it's done it's done. The next go round it'll be much much easier and will go faster.

Lessons: Thou shalt customize all niche store pages.
Thou shalt master keyword research and use tools to get it done faster.
**I will be renewing my subscription to NicheBot ASAP
Just what is nichebot you ask? It's a sweet keyword research tool that pulls from wordtracker and other databases and combines them into one interface. It's cost effective as you don't have to subscribe to the other services and it's VERY affordable.

No comments: