Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Links are SEO'd - hopefully

This SEO stuff is taking longer than I expected. It's also more work too, but the rewards will pay off. It's already paying off in lessons learned. I've had more than a few aha moments while doing this. In the short term, I'm seeing more visitors in the pays 3 days than the site's seen in any 3 month period, and I'm talking all of my BANS, all 4 of them. I'm tempted to log into epn (eBay partner network) to see how many clicks and bids this store's gotten. But I'm going to hold off and keep working on making this into a high traffic site. I've emailed soggy for him to check it out and see if I've overlooked anything.

Lessons Learned: a well thought out keyword strategy can speed SEO along drastically. Link Descriptions are VERY important as are link names. This improves your score in the eyes of the ever so present search engines. Having a mentor, the right mentor/coach even in an informal capacity is a necessity to anyone serious about business. In my opinion you can't afford not to have one.

No comments: