Friday, July 11, 2008

BANS facelift

Today I gave my one of my niche stores (aka BANS) a much needed facelift. I thought it was doing well but after reading what a pro said about it, it was pretty shitty. I didn't put much effort into it and after looking at it and thinking it over, it showed. Plus it was getting like NO traffic. Only the google bots were nice enough to stop through. I'm not sensitive, so I said f*ck it, this has got to change NOW. Fortunately Soggy was cool enough to give me a template to use and I uploaded it. (He's got some pretty slick templates over at
check 'em out sometime - like umm now. Well not now, finish reading the post) I also changed my adsense block to match the site. Personally I think it looks 10,000 times better. Keep in mind it's a work in progress, but it's coming along. By this time next week I think it'll look alot better than now.

Sooooooooo what did I learn through today's exercise? BANS defaults are USELESS. CHANGE THEM ASAP! And when thinking about it, it's like a new pc. I've NEVER accepted fresh out of the box installs without tweaking them and making them my own. This should be no different.

No comments: