Thursday, August 7, 2008

The results are in!

The tedious work of optimizing pages, and links in the store have paid off. I'm on the front page of MSN for 2 keywords and yahoo for all 3 of my main keywords. It feels good to see some results of your hard work pay off. I'm looking forward to building more stores once i'm done with this class i'm taking. I'll be finished in 2 weeks and will have more time to devote to the store. I was considering purchasing an SEO book but after doing this work, i realized something: that can wait, i learn best by doing and seeing things pan out. The critical lessons I learned optimizing my site will be applied to all other sites i do, BANS or not. I feel as though I got a college education on search engines and how to get in them in the past 4 weeks.

I'd imagine that over the next few weeks organic traffic will begin to increase which will lead to bids and sales. As of last month the store made $46.48. Just think 2 more months like that and I can quit my job! sike, just kidding. it's paid the bill and then some and this was made on 196 clicks. So far this month I've had 50 clicks in ebay partner network and it's still the 1st week of the month. We'll see how much better this store does. My only wish was that I picked a tighter niche, but it's all water under the bridge now. I have to work with what I've got and the next store will be centered around a tighter niche which less "seo savvy" competition.

No comments: